Give it a try – you get a great milk that is natural, delicious, creamy and fresh. Good on cereal, in smoothies or everywhere you use milk.
Makes 1 litre
- 1 cup almonds whole
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons honey or 8 dates (ideally pre-soaked in water)
- 1 large pinch salt
- 1 drop vanilla essence (optional)
- put all ingredients into a blender – a food processor or stick blender is usable but will not produce as creamy a milk
- blend for around 2 minutes or until creamy – use as high a speed as possible
- you can use straight away or you can store in the fridge for around 5 days
- use as you would normal milk
- optional – if you do not like the brown flecks you can use blanched almonds (the ones without the brown skins) however I prefer a product as close to nature as possible.