This is a very easy and delicious way to have potatoes, either hot, warm or cold. It is one of our most raved about recipes. It requires no dressing, just sweet chilli sauce and some parsley
Bombay roasted potatoes
- 1kg (2lb) white potatoes unpeeled (around 4 large)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Cut the potatoes into 2cm (1in) cubes. Do not peel.
- In a bowl combine potatoes with turmeric, salt and oil and mix well.
- Place potatoes in a roasting dish and bake for 40 minutes at 180°C (350°F). Half way through cooking mix them so they cook evenly. You want the potatoes to be soft yet still in shape so you may have to adjust cooking time.
- Combine all ingredients gently in a mixing bowl (reserve half of the sweet chilli sauce and parsley).
- Put in serving dish and drizzle the remaining sweet chilli sauce and parsley over the top as a garnish.
- This is a very popular dish so I recommend you make a double recipe and have some leftovers for lunch the next day