We sell this recipe as a salad (cold) at Revive. However it is traditionally a hot main course noodle dish so you can also prepare as such or serve warm!
Pad Thai noodles
- 250g of 10MM noodles
- 4 kaffir lime leaves whole (optional)
- 3 spring onions finely sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 red pepper (capsicum) finely diced
- 3 tablespoons honey or date puree
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chilli
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oi
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted peanuts – finely chopped or blended
- 1 cup bean sprouts (garnish)
- 1 cup fresh coriander roughly chopped (garnish)
- Bring some water to boil in a pot and cook the noodles for 8 minutes (or until just soft – but not mushy). Drain well.
- In a hot pan combine all ingredients (except garnish ingredients) and warm through gently (this should take no more than 2 minutes).
- Serve, and garnish with peanuts, bean sprouts and coriander.
- Optional – this dish is traditionally served with chicken – however you can also serve this dish with some fried egg strips or tofu on top to make it a complete meal.