Rainbow tofu noodles
- 200g (7oz) fresh tofu sheet
- 1 large red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger or ginger puree
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 zucchini (courgette) sliced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or date puree
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 spring onions (scallions) for garnish
- Fold the tofu sheet long ways and keep folding until you have a roll. Slice ends off the roll so you have noodle shaped pieces. Aim for 3mm (⅛in) slices.
- In a pot saute the onion, ginger and oil for 5 minutes or until clear.
- Add the tofu and remaining ingredients (except spring onions) and cook for about 3 minutes or until warm.
- Stir through the spring onions raw at the end.
- You can spice this dish up with some chilli if you like your food hot!
- If you prefer you can use any noodle with this recipe.
This is a large thin sheet of tofu resembling a large pasta sheet. Just roll it up and slice it and you have instant noodles! You will find it in the fridge section of many Asian supermarkets.