You can make the pumpkin ginger curry thick or runny depending on how you like it. And you can add some chillis to spice it up if you are into hot food!
Pumpkin, Spinach, Ginger and Tofu Curry
Makes 8 x 1 cup serves
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons ginger puree
- 2 cloves garlic chopped or crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons honey or date puree
- 1 cup water
- 2 x 400g (12oz) cans chopped tomatoes
- 200ml (6fl oz) coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups diced roasted pumpkin cubes
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 600g (19oz) pack tofu firm cubed 1cm (½in)
- Saute onion, garlic, oil, ginger until clear and well cooked.
- Add spices and salt and mix well.
- Blend tomatoes with a stick blender and add with water to the pot and bring back to the boil.
- Add coconut cream, honey and salt and stir.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients carefully so as not to damage.
- Serve on brown rice or rice noodles with optional chilli garnish.